Wednesday, September 9, 2015

INTERVIEW ASIF JAAH

INTERVIEW ASIF JAAH
BY UROOSA ANWAR RAJPUT ROLL #2K13/MC/114



Asif Jaah is a forest officer and now imparting education in forestry. Asif was born in 1955 at Mardan. He did MSC in Forestry and joined PFI in 1983 as a Forest Officer. He has been serving forest department for last 25 years. Now he is the director of Forest Education.

Q: Tell me something about your journey from your education towards Forestry?

A: I did masters in Forestry and wanted to be in that field professionally so after completing my education I pass the commission and joined PFI in 1983.
Q: Why do you join PFI?
A: PFI possess a great consideration in Khyber Pakhtoon Khwa(KPK) . It is quite impressive for the people of KPK. It is the only institute for the study of forestry which is owned by the government, I have interest and love for nature, plants attract me more desperately that’s why I joined PFI.
Q: How’s your experience in forestry field?

A: If I take a glance back, these 35 years seems to be a long journey spending huge part of my life with forestry. Now a relation has been developed between us, a relation of love and responsibility. It’s my duty and passion and I’m enjoying this field, as its being the glorious time period of my life in this department and I’ll keep on serving it till my last breath.

Q: What hurdles you faced during this journey of your job?

A: I faced a lot of hurdles during my job, problems in field work, during office management issues, during promotion making steps, but that period got passed due to the  great Almighty’s grace and due to my passion, courteous, confidence and wise steps I took at that time.

Q: Credit  goes to you that you introduce a specie name “Erotic specie” in Chirpine Zone in Shinkiari?

A: There is a problem of soil erosion in Chir Pine zone which results in flooding, so in order to resolve this problem we introduced an erotic specie” Rubina Pseudo acacia” which is a very nice root binder it overcome the problem of soil erosion.

Q: Which steps you take in order to facilitate the plant species which you take from other countries?

A: We try to provide all the required stuff and all environmental conditions, which are necessary to facilitate the specie, we provide natural environment like their home environment and condition, from where we bought them, so these species nourishes very well otherwise they turn into weed, if we don’t provide such conditions.

Q: Do you introduce our plant species in other countries?

A: Yes we introduce our species in other countries and now-a-days many species of our country are being utilize by other countries in which Mel bury and Eucalyptus are the most popular species that are utilizing by different countries.


Q: What type of training you provide to trainee  officers of forestry?

A: We train them with the course, which they complete during  two years of including many subjects related to forestry, so we provide them knowledge , enhance their skills by taking them on field work, we make tours in Pakistan where there are abundant of trees of forest areas, we show them all the species & its uses, introduce them technologies which can facilitate forestry and many more, in short we provide every facility to our trainers so they may fulfill their duties sincerely.

Q: Which benefit you got by serving the forest department individually?

A: Forestry field for me is wonderful, as I’m a nature loving person & I remain close to the nature, I can visit the beauty of Pakistan without any charges or restriction. I’ve done by the grace of forestry all Pakistan tour and world tour almost where there are forest areas, so this is how it individually blessed me.

Q: What are your achievements?

A: I’ve written a book on forest laws, secondly by the grace of Almighty establishment of PFI field station in Shinkiari with the collaboration of Germany, introduce erotic specie, encourage females to join PFI. I’ve tried to provide all the facilities and securities to females so, that they come fearlessly in this field and now many women are serving Pakistan as forest officers.




------Un eidted- VERSION 883 words)
INTERVIEW ASIF JAAH

BY UROOSA ANWAR RAJPUT 
ROLL #2K13/MC/114


Asif  Jaah born in 1955 at Mardan. He belongs to a pathan family. He did MSC in forestry .He joined PFI in 1983 as a Forest Officer. He serving forest department from last 25 years. . Now he is the director of forest education.

Tell me something about your journey from your education towards forest department?

I done masters in forestry and want to be in that field professionally so after completing my education I pass the commission and joined PFI in 1983.



Why do you join PFI?

PFI possess a great consideration in Khyber Pakhtoon Khwa. It is quite impressive for the people of KPK. It is the only one institute for the study of forestry which is owned by the government, and I have  interest and love for nature. Plants attract me more desperately that’s why I joined this.

How’s your experience related forestry field?

If I take a glance back then these 35 years seems to be a long journey. I spend huge part of my life with forestry. Now a relation has been formed between us me and forestry, a relation of love and responsibility. Its my duty my passion, I m really enjoying this duty as its being the glorious time period of my life which I’ve spend in this department. And I keep on serving it till my last breath.

What hurdles you faced during this journey of your job?

Every one faces problems while he or she achieving some thing or new one in any field. Same as I faced lots of hurdles during my job, I face problems during field work, during office management issues, during promotion making steps, but by the Grace of Almighty that period got passed due to the  great Almighty’s grace and due to passion, courteous, confidence and wise steps I took that time.
It’s been in credit of you that you introduce  a specie name “erotic specie” in Chirpine Zone in Shinkiari.
There is a problem of soil erosion in Chir Pine zone which results in flooding, so in order to resolve this problem we introduced an erotic specie” Rubina Pseudoacacia” which is a very nice root binder it over come the problem of soil erosion.

Which steps you take in order to facilitate the plant specie which you take from other countries?

We try to provide all the necessary condition, necessary stuff and all environmental condition which are necessary in order to facilitate the specie, we provide natural environment like their home environment and condition from where or which country we bought them, so these species nourishes here very well other wise they turned in to weed if we don’t provide them such conditions.

Plants species are getting espintic from Pakistan why?

Lots more reasons are behind it about the species getting espintic.
Climatic Change, Environmental condition, Soil problem, bad management, temperature changes due to global warming and heavy rain fall at such regions.
Can we introduce our plant species in other countries?
Yeah we can introduce our species in other countries and now a days our many species are being utilizing by other countries in which Melbury and Euclyptous are the most popular species that are utilizing by different countries.


What type of training you provides to the training officers of forestry for the betterment of  your department?

We trained officers  by many ways we trained them with the course which they complete during their two years of training its include many subject related with forestry, so we provide them knowledge , we enhance their skills by taking them on field work we make tours in Pakistan where there are abundant of trees of forest areas, we show them all the species practically introduce its uses, introduce them with technologies which can facilitate forestry and many more, in short we provide every thing every facility to our trainers so they may fulfill their duties sincerely.

In some forests there is illegal cutting of precious wood timber? How you can overcome this illegal cutting f timber?

Cutting has been banned in Pakistan from 1992, and many check post have established to keep check and balance, and if  any accuse has found he suffered from heavy fine and been imprisoned.
It is controlling at provisional level as well as at state level and ALhamdolillah we almost control 50%  illegal cutting and we continue to enhance the percentage of control to the over this matter .

Which benefit you got by serving the forest department individually?

Forestry field for me is terrific it benefited me as am a nature loving person I remain close to the nature, I can visit the beauty of Pakistan without any charges or restriction, I’ve done by the grace of forestry All Pakistan tour and world tour almost where there are forest areas so this how it individually blessed me.

What are your achievements?

I’ve written a book on forest laws, secondly with the grace of Almighty establishment of PFI field station in Shinkiari with the collaboration of Germany, introduce erotic specie, encourage females to join PFI I’ve tried to provide all the facilities  and security to females so that they come fearlessly in this field and now many womens are serving Pakistan as forest officers .


No comments:

Post a Comment