Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Usman Ajmeri Interview

Usman Ajmeri a senior journalist
By: Syeda Sidra Riaz

Hard work can make your identity

Usman Ajmeri is Beuro Chief of NawayeWaqt newspaper, he did master in Journalism and serve his 50 years in this field. Usman Ajmeri was born in ajmer in 1940. He is the man who believe on his own strength and work sincerely.

Q: How you come in journalism?
A: My uncle was in journalism, he published a newspaper RoznamaAnjam, i took also interest in journalism to see his work and then we published newspaper RoznamaMashrik. The last newspaper which i had work is newspaper Aghax which is publish in 1972. After retirement I still working on contract base in NawaeWaqt newspaper as a beuro chief.

Q: In your point of view what is the difference between the journalism of your era and current journalism?
A: Yes there is a lot difference in the journalism of my era and in today’s journalism, in my point of view this is not a real journalism every one do what they want to do the real purpose of journalism is totally change its like a business just to earn.

Q: Have you received offers from other institute?
A: Yes I got many offers from Jung, dawn, Express newspaper and from Jung I had received 2 times but I refuse all these offers.

Q: How you see current journalism?
A: The exact meaning of journalism is end todays journalism is only a business this is not journalism. For today’s journalism “Mujh se pehlekimohabbatnarahi”.

Q: what do you think, is today’s media inform people about reality?
A: yes media informs reality but they also hide many things they first prefer the news whish give them advantages.

Q: What are the effects of electronic media on print media?
A: The importance of print media cannot be ignore, for knowing whole information we need print media. Electronic media is a game of moment

Q: How much time you worked at press club and what were your post over there?
A: Since 1960 I’m concerns with press club, post not matter for me any state, there were lots of offers, even for president ship as well as for adviser post but I refused, my fifty years’ service were rewarded with shield.

Q: What are the duties of a journalist?
A: Journalist have to sincere with their work give information with correct accuracy not for their personal benefits.

Q: What suggestion you want to give to today’s journalist?
A: Its depend on you that what you want to become and how you work for it but I want to say that now there is no scope in Urdu journalism a I prefer you to go in English side. For Urdu journalism I have only 2 lines “Hum ne to khayalon se manzil hi bhula di”.

Q: Any your wish which you wait for fulfil it?
A: Alhamdolillah I have 6 daughters and one son and they all are married and very happy in their married life now I haven’t any wish to come true.

Q: Tell something about press club construction?
A: The construction of press club is started before 10 years ago when Jam Sadiq was Chief Minister of Sindh, he gave 5 lack rupees 4 pres club.

Practical work carried under supervision of Sir Sohail Sangi

No comments:

Post a Comment